(recipe is below)
Get your herbs and oils at a place you can trust!
Starwest Botanicals not only utilizes their own milling and packaging operations for all organic herbs and bulk spices, they also conduct quality control testing on each and every product in their own laboratory. With attention like that, you can be sure you will receive only the highest-quality organic herbs, dried herbs, organic spices, therapeutic essential oils and all natural products when you place an order with Starwest Botanicals.
CocoMango Foot Bar
1 lb (16 ounces) goat milk melt & pour base soap
1/2 cup fresh coconut, grated and toasted
2 ounces mango butter
about 2 tablespoons coconut fragrance oil (optional)
1. First, grate the coconut into flakes. Fresh coconut is best but you can use packaged (which is already grated). Toast the coconut in a warm oven until it is golden brown and a little crunchy. Watch carefully to make sure you don’t burn the coconut. When it is golden, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. Grind it in a grinder or food processor. Set aside.
2. Chop the melt & pour base soap into chunks and melt it over a double boiler. Stir slowly until it is nearly melted. Remove from heat.
3. In a separate container, melt the mango butter. Pour the melted butter over the melted soap base. Then, sprinkle the coconut on top. (The coconut will soak up most of the melted mango butter which will help prevent formation of a film on the underside of your bars of soap.)
4. Add the fragrance oil last and stir it all together. It will begin to cool and thicken. Once it is thick enough for some of the coconut to suspend throughout the base, pour it into individual molds. I use 4.25 ounce molds. Not all of the coconut will suspend in the soap; some of it will sink toward the bottom. This is OK because it will work itself into the soap as it is used.
5. For molds, you can use molds designed especially for soap if you’d like. I use Dole Fruit single serving cups, which make a nice and inexpensive bar that is easy to handle in the bath.
Fill out the form below to receive our free monthly ReflexAromatherapy newsletter and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed on how to heal common ailments with reflexology and aromatherapy.
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology AND The Healing Art of Aromatherapy Mini-courses FREE!!