Like most perfumes, essential oil aromas change over time. This easy system will help you profile your oils and keep the information for reference when formulating your own blends.
Time Required:2-14 hours
1. Dip a scent strip in a selected essential oil.
2. Record time dip was taken as well as your description of the aroma.
3. After 15 min. smell the scent strip and record your impressions and any changes you notice.
4. After another 15 min. take a second scent strip and dip it in the same oil.
5. Compare and record your impressions of both dips.
6. Continue every 30 minutes until dry out of both dips.
7. Once dip strip has dried out, note the residual aromas if any.
* Some oils such as Sandalwood and Patchouli may take days to dry out. Residual odors may last for weeks.
* Record thoughts, emotions and feelings as well as odor descriptions and notes (see Related Resources for an explaination on notes) during each reading.
* Have fresh coffee beans close at hand to smell inbetween and during sessions. This will help prevent “tolerance” to picking up scent.
What You Need:
* * Scent strips
* * Essential Oils
* * Notebook and pen
* * Clock or timer
Earn Your Aromatherapy Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
Aromatherapy, sometimes also referred to as aromatic or scent medicine, is the art of healing the body using naturally distilled essences from different parts of plants to improve and enhance your everyday emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. These essences are known as essential oils.
If you would like to learn Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Advanced Aromatherapy Course.
This is a perfect continuing education course for therapists/practitioners of other modalities such as color/crystal therapy, energy medicine, reflexology, massage therapy, Reiki, sound therapy, homeopathy, herbal medicine, etc., or for those just beginning their journey into using aromatherapy to heal.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
Fill out the form below to receive our free monthly ReflexAromatherapy newsletter and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed on how to heal common ailments with reflexology and aromatherapy.
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology AND The Healing Art of Aromatherapy Mini-courses FREE!!